I scrambled around in the endless pit of my bag in the hope of finding what used to be a sandwich, but who knows what shape it would be in now. The day had been long. So long that I could not even remember coming into the dull offices that I have to call 'work'. Each day was the same- answering phone calls, filing paperwork and sucking up to the boss in the hopes of receiving a promotion. Just your cliched day at the office.
As I pulled the half-destroyed sandwich out of my bag (which by this time was oozing various juices), a familiar noise filled my head, followed by the equally familiar throbbing of my ears. Hesitantly turning around, there she stood, miserable as ever.
Spinning around before making eye contact, I scurried down the path. Only managing to get two steps away, I heard my name being screeched across the street. Closing my eyes, I turned on my heel to face her, forcing the fake smile she was used to seeing onto my face.
'Victoria!'
No comments:
Post a Comment