Specks of ash set alight danced away into the darkness of the night. Soft, white sand nudged it's way between my toes while the heat from the fire brushed at my skin, warming it slightly. The scene was that of an advert in a magazine. The beautiful, burnt orange sunset dimly lit the sky while the sounds of music and laughter were absorbed into the night. I could not see into the distance, only that which the fire lit up. But I did not want to see any further. I was happy here, now. Being surrounded purely by the things and people I loved, I could re-live this night forever.
Taking a few steps back, I stood to admire the stunning silhouettes against the gorgeous sky. Nothing could ever come close to these feelings or this view. Although the island was small, each destination held an experience, each one as breathtakingly spectacular as the last.
What happens when the fire dies out and you can't see anything? :(
ReplyDeleteJust enjoy the moment Josie :(((
ReplyDeleteI want to be there!! :(
ReplyDeleteWas Ollie there, still wearing his shorts? :P
ReplyDelete